Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012's Top 13 Haunted Houses in America

With Halloween right around the corner I thought it would be super stellar if I shared with my viewers the most frightening and thrilling haunted houses that America has to offer. I know we have all heard of Busch Gardens HowlOscream and Island of Adventures Halloween Horror Nights, but lets be honest guys... it gets old after going 4 years in a row. So, what else is out there you ask? Take a second to see where the real horror is taking place around America during this time of the year. 

1. The 13th Gate - (Baton Rouge, LA)


2. Netherworld Haunted House - (Atlanta, GA)


3. Headless Horseman - (New York)



4. Cutting Edge Haunted House - (Dallas, TX)



5. House of Torment - (Austin, TX)


6. Erebus Haunted Attraction - (Pontiac, MI)


7. The Asylum Haunted House - (Denver, CO)


8. The Dent School House - (Cincinnati, OH)


9. The Darkness Haunted House - (St. Louis, MO)


10. The Beast & Edge of Hell - (Kansas City, MO)


11. The Bates Motel - (Philadelphia, PA)


12. 13th Floor Haunted House -  (San Antonio, TX) (Denver, CO)  and (Phoenix, AZ)


13. Nightmare on the Bayou - (Houston, TX)



**Special Thanks to Haunt World**

Now.... If those commercials don't scare you and make you want your mommy.. I don't know what will. These Haunted Houses spend over thousands of dollars every year to get their scare factor off the charts and many of these places have been scaring the lives of American folks for the past 40 years now. I think its safe to say that these haunted houses have enough experience to know what is going to scare the U.S. population. While I love my Horror flicks, Haunt World really gave me a new appreciation for what a real haunted house is. Its going to be hard to go to HowlOscream this year and get shocked with horror when I now know that it could get EVEN scarier than that... 

Which Haunted House would you be interested to venture into? 

3 comments:

  1. At first I was like are these actual haunted houses! scary man, Ive actually never been to Halloween Horror Nights, so this is my first I probably wont go next year cause like you said, it does get old real fast. I can honestly say I will never visit any of these houses, I am way to scary for that, thats to much lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont blame you! Some of these houses would probably make a grown man cry. I was really excited when I stumbled upon all of these haunted houses at haunt world because I honestly had no idea that there were such extravagant haunted houses outside of florida. It was cool to get other perspectives on them. Especially during this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halloween!I don't really attend any parties nor do I dress up.But I do love going to haunted houses and haunted trails. I found a really good haunted trail over the weekend at North Anclote park. It was pretty cool because we got to walk through the woods outside, and I really enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete