Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Vampire Diaries (Season 3)

Finally!  I finished season 3 of The Vampire Diaries. I am absolutely in love with this series and it just keeps getting better and better. The second season ends with Stefan (Elena's boyfriend) surrendering himself to the original vampire Klaus in order to get his hybrid (vampire/werewolf) blood to save his brother Damon from a deadly werewolf bite. Season 3 begins with Elena's 18th birthday, so a few months have passed since Stefan and Klaus started on their journey to find werewolves to turn into hybrids. Damon and Elena's relationship grows as they try and track Stefan to try and bring him home. While Stefan is away he turns into "the ripper" because Klaus has him feed on human blood, thus bringing out the true predator in him. This season was full of great twists and intense horror scenes.

After watching this series from the beginning I can really appreciate the growth that the show and the cast has shown. I think that the show was cast very well and the characters evolved well throughout the seasons. I enjoyed how they tied more of the original family of vampires in this season. It really gave the show a deeper plot line as well as spicing up the interactions between characters. Even though Klaus is considered a bad vampire I just think he is a bad-ass vamp. He is what a true vampire consists of: feeding off human blood, using his powers of mind manipulation for self satisfaction and consuming power by taking others.


In this season we see Bonnie's powers increase tremendously and her relationship with Jeremy also grows. Ghosts will play a big part in this season, due to Jeremy coming back from the dead the ancient witches have consequences in store for him, like the ability to see and talk to dead people. This will cause huge problems as the gap between the living and the dead opens up. Also, my excitement almost cannot be contained when I see Damon and Elena's relationship strengthening as they grow closer as Stefan becomes darker this season.  I left some good plot twists out because I didn't want to spoil it. So make sure you take a peek! Its on Netflix:)

5 comments:

  1. I started reading this and right into the first sentence I had to stop. I just started season 2 and really want to see how things turn out with the Originals. So, I wish I could have read your post, but alas, I will come back to it in about 3 days when I have finished Seasons 2 and 3 lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! come back and read it after you finished the second season. It's so good and I would hate to spoil it for you. So happy to hear your watching the series!

      Delete
  2. I still have to try this series. I know I said earlier I was going to, but I got distract by the X-Files. I now have all the seasons, and since I never saw them or The Sopranos, I am a bit preoccupied. On the plus side, I get why people liked the series'.

    I know that was a total tangent away from Vampires, but that's what is currently running my television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The X-Files is also a great television show. If you ever get the chance though you should watch it, my boyfriend even enjoys the show.

      Delete
  3. hey guys can u suggest me a gud site to watch vampire diaries season 3.i just finished season 2 and im dying to watch d nxt one.the problem is netflix isnt available in my country.i'll be waitin for an answer

    ReplyDelete